A few weeks ago I’ve been to London. And I have to say I love this city! Of course we were lucky because the weather was super nice, but anyway, I guess if you ever have a spare time or weekend don’t miss out on London.
My recommondations for this city:
- Look for a hotel which is located in the city center. We’ve stayed in Westminster, which was quite good as we could walk to all this tourist stuff like Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, London Eye etc. Double Tree by Hilton London Westminster was therefore the best located Hotel to think about.
- Moreover, by living close to this “sightseeing”area you have the big advantage of having a lovely take away breakfast in front of Big Ben, which is quite impressive. I loved it!! (and just to mention, if you look for a kind of healthy breakfast, don’t miss out on Ravello, in Westminster, which makes delicious sandwiches and serves an amazing chai latte)
- As I just talked about healthy food, if you like to have it healthy and organic, London offers a lot of opportunities in that regard. “Prêt a manger” is just one example which has plenty of healthy stuff to take away.
- So as I started with food – I will stick to that topic. As my time was limited in London I couldn’t try too much but anyways I really loved my evening at Princi, which is an Italien restaurant, which surrounds you with a milanish feeling. They offer delicious pizzas etc. And the queue proofs that it is worth to wait to get seated! But if you are up for something really special then have an amazing burger at MEATliquor. This place really rocks and it was probably the best burger for a long time.
- Now last but not least – Sightseeing! And yes we did a lot.
- Madame Tussauds
- As it is well known that Londons Madame Tussauds is the oldest and most famous one, we thought we give it a try. And yes, it is worth it. Of course not every wax person is perfect and there were some, which really aren’t comparable to the original person. However, some figures are amazing. So in sum I would reccommend you should at least once have visited Madame Tussauds.
- London Eye
- The enormous wheel above London. Long queues and not really cheap. But a great experience! It’s super fancy to be in the big glas ball and “fly” above London in more or less 40 minutes. You will never get such an amazing view again, so give it a try – but please only if you are free from giddiness 😛
- Westminster Abbey
- One of the oldest and most famous churches all over the world – I guess. It is really impressive and worth a visit. However, don’t pay 18 Pounds just to get in. Be clever and go to the evening song, which is free of charge and quite nice to listen to. By doing so you not only get to see Westminster Abbey but you also get a super nice feeling of the english church and their songs.
- Tower and Tower Bridge
- Both absolutely characteristical for London. The giant Tower Bridge, stunning by Sun-Set and even more stunning if you are super lucky and are able to view the opening up. The tower guides you through old London and gives you a hint how it has been in former times. The best thing with regards to the Tower however are the crown jewelleries. You are actually able to see all of them and thats really overwhelming!
- Buckingham Palace
- And of course not to forget the Buckingham Palace. Surely one of the most known things in the world and clearly a must-see if you are in London. But despite the guardians and their daily changing routine, you can’t visit it (only in the summer-retreat). If you are interested in horses and coaches then you can visit the royal mews, which gives you an insight in the different use of the coaches, the training of the horses etc.
- Madame Tussauds
So enjoy London 😉 Kiss, Diccty